Pages

Sunday 11 December 2011

Updated Garnier BB Cream Review

After using the Garnier BB Cream for a good few months now, I would say my thoughts on the product has changed somewhat. Since it's winter now, I have become A LOT paler and cannot get away with wearing the medium colour anymore - it's obvious that it's too dark for me. I've also tried out the light colour in the shop, and that's too light for me! This means I would have to get a light and medium shade to mix match my perfect shade. I'm pretty sure that this will be the case for most people - they need to bring out a light/medium shade for those in between, there's a HUGE difference between light and medium, and having two shades just doesn't cut it.

I also find that using this makes my skin very shiny and greasy looking throughout the day. At first, I thought that was because of the fact that it was hot, but even now, with the weather as cold as it is, I still find myself having a shiny face. At first, it appears dewy, but then slips into grease-face after a couple hours. Due to this, I would tell all those with combo to oily skin to be very cautious when using this product. Even when mixing it with another BB Cream (from China, and gives a very matte finish), I still find myself with a shiny face after a few hours. Now this might just be because of the skin-type I have, but it also means it isn't suitable for combo-oily types. And for the record, I have very extreme combo skin, parts of my skin are super dry, and parts are super oily - this means I use different primers for certain areas of my face ><

I've also found that when the product collects and dries a little, it doesn't dry like other foundations. It looks very plasticy and rubbery which is very offputting. I've also found the scent to be quite strong for a foundation - I'm pretty sure that will affect people who can't really use scented products.

My personal opinion is, if you want to try out a BB Cream, I would suggest you try to find an Asian brand one such as Skin79, Missha, Lioelle? The only other BB Creams I have tried are from Skin79 and Carslan (which a friend bought in China). In comparison, I think I prefer these BB Creams, although perhaps Skin79 and the Garnier one are very close in terms how much I like them. I do like the Carslan one, but I found it to be bit pale for me, and not as moisturising. It's quite matte which is perfect for my oily areas (my T-Zone), but not so much my dryer areas (around my nose and my cheeks). I will do a more in depth review of the Caslan BB Cream with pictures and swatches soon, so be sure to check that out!

You can also read my first review, including pictures and swatches, here.


My updated verdict for this product is:

❤❤❤♡♡ (3 out of 5 hearts) ^^

I hope this helps~

Off topic but IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!! =DD

Stay safe when Xmas shopping and until next time..

- Diem xo

1 comment:

  1. Hey Diem!
    I haven't actually tried this bb cream out (I swear by Etude but have also yet to try the Laneige one I bought during the summer...) however, based on one of your reviews, I purchased the face primer from ELF. Unfortunately, it was too oily for my skin. One primer I do find really amazing is the Smashbox photo finish light primer (which you can buy at Debenhams so you're able to test it-yay!) Give it a go ;D
    x

    ReplyDelete