Pages

Sunday 30 September 2012

What's In My Makeup Bag

It has been too long since I last blogged. It's been quite difficult to find the time blog these days. Perhaps I'm just too lazy. Enough with the rambling and onto what's in my makeup bag. I don't usually carry a makeup bag with me, I just chuck a bunch of makeup products into my bag and then spend ages trying to locate things in my mess of a bag. I have a ton of lip products and so when I'm trying to find a particular one, it's always the last one I pull it. So, I decided to put it all in a makeup bag and not have a million things loose in my bag.

My makeup bag is from Elizabeth Arden and it came with the 8 hour cream set. I thought it was going to be too big but is actually a perfect size to fit all my makeup.

First, I have my Carex hand sanitiser in Grapefruit and Lime. Smells really fresh and everyone needs hand sanitiser in their bag.

And after I sanitise my hand, I use hand lotion, and my favourite is the one from Soap & Glory called Hand Food. Smells amazing and is a pretty decent hand lotion. I think I mainly like it because of how GOOD it smells.

I have Tiger Balm because you never know when you'll need it. I get pretty bad aches and pains (I swear, I have the body of a 60 year old woman).

An Altoids tin that has cotton pads and cotton swabs inside, because you never know when you might need them. I also have a comb, pretty self explanatory as to why that's in there. Ditto for the mirror.

Weleda One Step Cleanser & Toner. Got this in my Glossybox and haven't used it. There might be a time where I feel like I need to clean my face. Bottle is ickle at 10ml and so it doesn't take much room or weigh too much.

A sample of Maybelline BB Cream. I've yet to try this out so I have no idea how this is. But there's no way I'm carrying a full bottle of foundation. Takes too much space and would weigh a lot. Plus, I have quite a few sample sachets of foundation, so if for some reason, I need to put on some foundation. I can just use a sachet. The chances of me ever needing it is very slim so there wouldn't really be a point of carrying around a whole bottle of foundation with me.


Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Skin Protectant, this is the small 15ml size. I swear by this as a lip balm. There is something in certain lip products that my lips just don't like, and they become crusty beyond belief if I use it. Sucks because I'm a lip product person, so I feel like I'm taking a risk whenever I try out a new lip product. This was the only thing that makes my lip feel anything other than crusty. Only thing is, it's too expensive(!)

Clean & Clear oil control film, probably the best blotting sheets I've used. Unfortunately not available to us here in the UK. A friend got this for me when she went to Hong Kong, but I'm sure you can find some online on eBay.

ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder - I've only just opened this to include in my makeup bag. It's pretty small, compact, and dirt cheap. You never know when I may need to powder my face. I do tend to grease up pretty bad during the day.


Clinique High Impact mascara. Pretty bog standard to be honest. Only carry it in my makeup bag because it's a small sample and I had quite a few with free gifts with purchase. I think it's in every single free gift with purchase that I've seen, so I really wouldn't waste money on purchasing the full sized one. It's nothing special, does not justify the price tag.

MUA eyebrow pencil in brunette. Comes with a little brush on the other end. At £1, can't really go too wrong really. I use the HD Brows palette when I'm at home. Taking that with me would be too bulky, so I just opted for a pencil. Quick and easy.

Urban Decay Cream Shadow in Rehab. Perfect neutral all over the lid colour. It's a light brown frosty shimmery colour. When blended, it's almost the same colour as my skin, but gives it a subtle shimmer. Lasts pretty much all day. No mess, no fuss.
Stila smudge stick waterproof eyeliner in Damsel (dark brown). Pretty much stays put and doesn't budge once it's set. One of the best eyeliners I've tried.






Essence liquid eyeliner in non-waterproof black. Have heard some good things about this brand. Got it in when I was in Budapest as this brand is not available in the UK. I wish the applicator was finer and had a sharper point. But it stays on all day, doesn't smudge or flake. Inexpensive too, I think it cost about £2.

ELF Waterproof Eyeliner Pen. Now my other eyeliner pen (K-Palette) is pretty much done and so I just opened this eyeliner today. And well, it's very dry. Didn't cost much so I didn't expect much. From what I drew on my hand, it stayed on really well. It's just too dry. Don't think it'll last too long.

Onto my lip products and fragrances. And believe me, there are a lot.

Three Carmex lip balms. Just because. I have the Cherry, Strawberry and Mint ones. These did help a lot with my chapped lips before I used the Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. They just smell a lot nicer. If you haven't used the Eight Hour Cream, I would highly recommend you smell it before you purchase it, or purchase the unfragranced one. When I first smelled it, I always retched. And putting it on my lips was just plain nasty. If it wasn't a miracle cure for my lips, I prolly wouldn't have used it again. I've gotten used to the smell now so I don't mind it so much.

Three No.7 Sheer Temptation lipsticks. Sheer lipsticks are my favourite formula which is why I was so excited when the Revlon Lip Butters came out. I got the one in Candy Apple (I think it's called, but it's the red one) and Lollipop (hot pink fuschia). When I used the Candy Apple one, my lips reacted really badly to it so I had to give it to a friend and I'm eBaying the other one. Anyway, the lipsticks are in 15 Tempt - sheer hot pink fuschia with glitter. 70 Sassy - sheer plum purple with glitter. 20 Entice - very sheer aubergine (eggplant) colour with glitter. It is very very sheer so applies with the slightest purple gloss on the lips. Not noticeable at all.

Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Lip Protectant Stick. Smells just like the Eight Hour Cream but in my opinion doesn't perform as well. At only 3.7g and I think costs around £20, I would highly recommend getting the tube rather than the lipstick form. Works well, but not AS well as the tube.

Collection (2000) Cream Puff Moisturising Lip Cream in Fairy Cake 3. Nice warm dark-ish pink colour. Smells like cake and has a matte finish.





Two Revlon just bitten kissable balm stains. I have the colour Crush which is a pink purple colour and when sheered out on my lips, becomes a deep fuschia colour. It has subtle glitter in it. Very pigmented and smells like Mint Areo (mint chocolate) which I love. Lovesick is the other colour that I own and is a very hot pink colour and is highly pigmented. I find them to be quite drying, but the colours are kickass so I just make sure to keep my lips hydrated.

I have two Travelo perfume atomisers. Well, one is a real Travelo and the other is an imitation that I got from eBay that was half the price. I have a feeling that the imitation isn't as air tight as the Travelo so I have a feeling that the perfume in the cheap knock-off might be slowly drying out. But that just might be me being paranoid because it was less than £4. In the cheap one (the metallic navy colour), I have Nina Ricci's Nina in it which is the "original"(?) apple fragrance from Nina Ricci (who else). It's one of my favourite perfumes and I own four other variations of the Nina Ricci apple fragrances. I have Diesel's Lovesick in the Black Travelo. It has a slight vanilla, liquorice scent to it which fades as it wears. It's pretty strong and I prefer smelling it in the bottle than actually on me. I think after a few hours, if I spray too much, it makes me feel a bit lightheaded. So spray with caution.

I also have Escada's Taj Sunset which I can only describe as sweet and fruity. Smells GOOD. Shame it's not in spray form, makes it very difficult to wear, but just smells too good.

I also have a Jelly Belly Blueberry rollerball that smells like blueberry (what are the odds of that). Why not?

And finally I have three cheapo hair ties. Oh and an ELF Kabuki brush for powder.

I would say that's it, but that was a whole lot. I'm sure I could cut this down to the bare essentials if I wanted to. But I don't.

And if you're wondering why I don't have blush in my makeup arsenal, it's because the lip products can double up as blush. I would have included bronzer, but all my bronzers have chunky packaging and it would require another brush. I say that, but I'm sure I could fit it in if I didn't have so many lip products but in a battle between my lip products and bronzer, the lip products won.

And until next time..

Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment