Pages

Tuesday 23 April 2013

Sample Review: L'Oreal True Match Foundation: First Impressions + Swatches

Another sample, another review. Check out my first sample review by clicking here. This time I will be doing a first impressions on L'oreal's True Match foundation in W3 Golden Beige. L'oreal describes this foundation "for women in search of a perfectly natural complexion, L'Oreal Paris has invented True Match, its first foundation that perfectly matches the colour and texture of your skin." Retails for around £10 (slightly cheaper at Superdrug), and from what I can see on the Boots website, there are a variety of shades, 22 on the website.
The foundation consistency was like most traditional foundations and the first thing I realised was that a little goes a long way, this is a pretty high coverage foundation. This was pretty dark for skin colour, but I could have gotten away with it when I blended, blended, blended. It has a pretty matte finish, so I think it would work great for those with oilier skin types. This did not fare well on my dry patches and did cling to those areas and made my skin look flaky. It also does look quite heavy on the face, my mum never usually comments when I wear foundation but she did after I had applied this. I preferred the way it look after I had set it with a bit of powder, and it didn't look too cakey.
It lasted pretty well, and I was surprised with the coverage - I would recommend this to people who need that extra little coverage and who don't mind wearing a heavier foundation. As you can tell with by the picture above, it has evened out the skin and my freckle is almost completely covered, something only a concealer can usually completely conceal. If you're the kind of person who likes the "like skin" foundation, or really light coverage, I don't think this is for you. Also, if you have dry skin, you may want to look for a different foundation. All in all, it's not a bad product, just not for me, but I'm sure it would work brilliantly for some of you.

My first impressions verdict:
❤❤❤♡♡ (3 out of 5 hearts) ^^

Hope you found this first impressions review helpful, and until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment