Pages

Sunday 7 April 2013

'Red My Lips' - Wear Red Lipstick To Raise Awareness About Sexual Violence: My Red Lipsticks


So April 2013 is Sexual Assault Awareness month and there is a campaign going around called 'Red My Lips'. This campaigns asks us to wear red lipstick everyday in the month of April to 'help raise awareness about sexual violence and SPEAK OUT against victim-blaming!'. I will do my best to wear red lipstick to support this campaign, and I hope you all will too. You don't have to wear bright red lipstick, a variation of red will do, if bright red lipstick is not suitable (school, work, etc). So I pulled out all my red lip products and thought I'd do a post with pictures and swatches. You can see all the red lip products I own in the picture above (L-R: Maybelline Baby Lips in 15 Cherry Me, Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 045 Romantic, L'oreal Rouge Caresse Colour Riche lipstick in 179 Cherry Tulle, L'oreal Caresse Glam Shine Stain Splash in 300 Juliet, Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang, Yves Rocher lipstick in 101 Framboise, Sleek True Colour Lipstick in 778 Stiletto and NYX Lipliner Pencil in 817 Hot Red). You can find swatches of the products below (in the same order).


 I also took pictures of what they look like on the lips. The picture to the left is what my lips look like without any product on them. And I didn't think too far in advance when I was doing the pictures to the order of the swatches below are different than to the picture of the products and the swatches on my hand so I will describe each product below. Bear in mind that this is not a review; it's to show swatches.

1. Maybelline Baby Lips in 15 Cherry Me: A lipbalm with a very sheer hint of red. It smells like cherry (as the name would suggest) and smells delicious.
2. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in 045 Romantic: somewhat sheer, an orange toned red. Is much more orange than what the packaging and the bullet would suggest.
3. Yves Rocher lipstick in 101 Framboise: a rich creamy pigmented blue based red. Glossy finish.
4. NYX Lipliner Pencil in 817 Hot Red
5. Rimmel Apocalips Lip Lacquer in 400 Big Bang: Tomato red, extremely pigmented. Glossy finish.
6. L'oreal Caresse Glam Shine Stain Splash in 300 Juliet: Glossy cherry red. Somewhat sheer but can be built up to full colour (like pictured above). Leaves a more pinky red stain behind.
7. Sleek True Colour Lipstick in 778 Stiletto: a true matte red. Creamy and pigmented.
8. L'oreal Rouge Caresse Colour Riche lipstick in 179 Cherry Tulle: Sheer cherry red. Glossy finish.

Apologies for some of the rushed applications. But I hope you get an idea of what the products would look like on the lips.

I'll be rocking either the L'oreal Caresse Glam Shine Stain Splash in Juliet or the L'oreal Rouge Caresse Colour Riche Lipstick in Cherry Tulle, a sheer approach to red. For evening looks, I'll wear the more pigmented colour with a simple black winged liner.

Support the cause. Raise awareness. And until next time..

- Diem xo


No comments:

Post a Comment