Pages

Tuesday 4 June 2013

Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in #6 Grapefruit Jelly: Review + Swatches

Don't be fooled by the picture advertised for the Etude House Lovely Cookie Blusher in #6 Grapefruit Jelly (pictured right). It looks like it peachy pink colour, as the name grapefruit would suggest. However, I feel like this colour of this blush is very different to what is on display here. Etude House is a Korean beauty brand which can be found in quite a few East/South East Asian countries, but not so much over in the UK. There are a few Asian beauty stores here and there, but for the most part, access to Asian beauty brands are usually found online.

I would describe the colour as a peachy, orange, apricot coral colour, I don't really detect any pink tones in this blush at all. This blusher is matte and I picked this up from eBay (click here for direct link to item) for less than £4. (I think my new love in makeup are blushers). The blush comes with a small fluffy powder puff with a pink bow on the top.


The blusher itself is a velvety soft finely milled powder with a texture similar to the MAC sheer tone blushes. It feels smooth on the skin and does not produce much fall out when the swirling the brush in the pan (yay for non wastage). The powder may appear chalky if heavily layered on, but looks nice when blended into the skin. I think it's a gorgeous colour that blends into the skin beautifully. It lasts pretty much all day but it may be slightly patchy if you have super dry skin.

There is a slight fragrance to it, nothing offensive, nothing noticeable. The packaging is super cute if not bulky as I won't be using the puff so there will be empty space between the powder and the domed lid. If I had room in one of my UNII palettes, it would live there, but I don't, so it will have to be a loner until I finish up an entire blush, would seems highly unlikely as I've still yet to hit pan on any blusher I own. I think this is a very nice blusher and I would be interested in the other shades of this range, but I have too many blushes and I'm on a makeup low buy (which I'm failing miserably at).

My final verdict:
❤❤❤❤♡ (4 out of 5 hearts) ^^

To summarise, this is a really nice blush and is a bargain, perfect for those who are interested in expanding their makeup collection and slash or interested in Korean/Asian makeup beauty products. Hope you enjoyed reading my review.. And until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment