Pages

Monday 3 June 2013

Revlon Baby Stick in Pink Passion: Review + Swatches

I will be reviewing the Revlon Babystick in Pink Passion today. I haven't much about these in the "beauty blogger" world but I have seen a couple of videos on YouTube featuring this (both were American). I saw this in my local Boots and it said it was Limited Edition and I picked it up when it was £4.99 (apparently it was £2 off the £6.99 RRP). It is available in three shades: Pink Passion, Sunset (Red Orange) and Tahitian (Peach Pink). So I checked out the tests and swatched them on my hand and the Sunset and Tahitian shades did not show up on my light/medium skin. So I wouldn't waste time and money on those, however, the Pink Passion shade is actually really nice. Pink Passion is a hot pink colour with no shimmer in it. It feels creamy and is pretty moisturising. It has a light chemically(?) smell to it, but nothing you can detect on the skin.

You will find negative reviews on this product because of Sunset and Tahitian being pretty much useless, but I really would try out the Pink Passion as it actually does have pigmentation to it, as you can see in the picture below.
The top swatch is a few layers, the middle is just one layer, and the bottom is blended out so you have an idea what it would look like.

The Baby Stick is apparently for lips and cheeks, but I have only used this on my cheeks as most multi purpose products are often better for one area. I also have an allergy in some lip products so I try to not use brand new products on my lips in case my allergy flares up.

I think this would be best for those who have dry to normal skin, as it is a cream product rather than a cream to powder finish. I think it gives a very natural flush to the face and is suitable for fair to medium skin tones as you can sheer it out or build it up for a stronger look. It has 2.8g of product, which isn't very much for a blush, but the packaging is so small and cute - baby stick being a fitting name. The miniature size makes it perfect to pop in your handbag and slash or to travel with. Plus, it's in a stick form, so no need for brushes, just some antibacterial hand gel on your hands to clean them, and you can just blend it out with your fingers.

For those of you who are worried that the stick may remove some of the makeup, although I have found slight transfer of my foundation onto the stick, I don't think it removes much of it for it to be noticeable. I also think it works fine on top of powder as well as before.

I actually really like this product, and have always wanted to try out more blush sticks, I may have to check out some from different brands. So although other two shades are complete rubbish, do check out Pink Passion.

Therefore, my final verdict:
❤❤❤❤♡ (4 out of 5 hearts) ^^

I hope you found this review useful, don't be put off by all the negative ones out there, those only apply to the Sunset and Tahitian shades. Your best bet is to go in store, and check out the testers yourself!

Until next time..

- Diem xo



No comments:

Post a Comment