Pages

Thursday 8 September 2011

Discounted Goodies - No.7 + Debenhams

I went to Oxford St. today with my lovely friend Carina (mucho love ^^) and I got a couple of things. They're nothing much, but I love blogging, so here I am, past midnight and blogging about the two things I got. Let's not remind myself that I have work tomorrow morning >< So hopefully, this will be a very quick blog~
 The first thing I got was this lipstick from No. 7 - they're giving out the £5 off No. 7 products and they're the only time I would ever purchase anything from this brand. I really think that over the years, this brand has increased their prices on a larger scale than most brands. And for what it is, I don't think it's worth buying No. 7 products without the voucher. Not too long ago, I purchased brushes and nail varnishes (again, using the voucher), and I was shocked to learn of the price increase. I remember that I paid an extra £2 for nail polish as they retail for £7. Now, they're £7.50 - and they're not even that great. I would never spend £7, let alone £7.50 on a No. 7 varnish - it really isn't worth it. However, at £2.50, I would give it a go - and they do have some really nice colours. I found it really hard to pick a product today, I had no idea what to pick. I ended up choosing this light pink colour called Mischief, and I believe it to be a frost finish (but I could be wrong). This lipstick would cost £10.50 at full price (extortionate), but was £5.50 with the £5 off voucher. I still think £5.50 is on the pricey side, but I think that's just because I'm quite cheap, har har. It really is a nice colour, and it doesn't seem to draw attention to the dry parts of my lips - so thumbs up from me ^^


After Boots, I headed to Debenhams because I know that they're having a new season sale - where beauty items and perfumes (perhaps more? I don't know) are 10%. I've heard that Debenhams also do VAT free sales so be on the lookout for that. I wasn't sure what I wanted to get, I just knew I wanted to take advantage of the discount - this discount is also available online + free delivery (but I'm not sure when this ends). I did see the red DKNY perfume (the apple shaped one) for half price, it was only £23.50, but I still have a half-full (I'm trying to be optimistic) Nina Ricci perfume (the green apple one) and an unopened one (also by Nina Ricci, but the red one, hehe). I didn't think I needed another apple scented perfume. I really do like sweet smells and I really wanted mini perfume bottles to put in my purse - I do not like to carry a lot slash heavy things in my purse, so allow carrying a full sized bottle of perfume. Two mini collections caught my eye: the Escada collection and the Anna Sui one. I was on the bus and this girl sprayed a perfume, and it smelt incredible. She showed me the bottle and it was of a girl's head - which I think is Dolly Girl (but I'm not 100%). However, that particular perfume wasn't part of the Anna Sui mini collection and so I asked them if they knew what the Escada perfumes smelt like. They only had the Taj Sunset one which smells absolutely delicious (I've been watching Psych, hehe). I was completely sold on this collection and this one costs £22, and the Anna Sui one was £26 (I think). With the 10% discount, this collection cost £19.80.
I'm really bad at describing scents, all I know is, that they're all pretty fruit sweet smelling scents.

Taj Sunset: Opens with notes of Alphonso mango, nectarine, and blood orange. The heard features aquatic flowers with raspberry and pomarosa or Malay apple. The base consists of coconut, sandalwood, and musk.

Sunset Heat: Has notes of papaya, lemon, mango sherbet, pineapple mousse, icy watermelon, peach lotus flower, hibiscus, sandalwood, musk, and amber crystals.

Moon Sparkle: It opens with notes of strawberry, blackcurrant, citruses, and red fruits. Middle notes reveal sweet pea, freesia, jasmine, and rose, and this fragrant bouquet is followed by raspberry, musk, sandalwood, and amber in the base.

Ocean Lounge: Top notes are lychee, plum, pear nectar accord and strawberry meringue accord; middle notes are violet petal sorbet aromas, mimosa blossom, and jasmine; base notes are amber, sheer vanilla, and teak wood.

Marine Groove: Composed of passion fruit, peony, jasmine, and musk.

That's all I got, I didn't want to spend too much money. I had some nice Korean food to end the day, hehe =DD Do take advantage of Debenhams' 10% off deal, and Boots' £5 off No.7 products ^^ Happy shopping, and until next time..

- Diem xo

1 comment: