Pages

Thursday 15 September 2011

Shopping Trip To Harrods~!

Me and my friend scheduled to go shopping at Harrods today - I knew I was in trouble >< Before even meeting up with her, I ended up at Superdrug and got a few things >< Some of the picture small, just click on the picture to enlarge. So this is what I got from my shopping trip:

BeautyUK Glam Nails (L-R): Smokey Lilac No.51, Yellow 
Peril No. 36, Peach Melba No. 48 - £1.99 each
Care + Surgical Spirit (with 
Castor Oil)- £1.29
I've been wanting a yellow nail polish and I've been eyeing the Barry M one. Barry M usually does a 2 for £4.99 deal and I really wanted the Peach Melba as well. However, the Peach Melba one looked like it had been opened and it was the last one there, so I decided not to get it. As I was looking around for another nail colour, I noticed that BeautyUK had both the yellow and peach colour that I was looking for. There was also a promotion of 3 for £4.99, so I could get another nail polish for the same amount of money so I opeted for the BeautyUK nail polishes instead. I have never tried out a BeautyUK nail polish so I have no idea what the application, finish, and quality is like >< I ended getting a lilac colour as well, the names of the colours from left to right are: Smokey Lilac No. 51, Yellow Peril No. 36, and Peach Melba No. 48. I have no idea why both Barry M and BeautyUK called their peach colour, Peach Melba, I wonder who copied? I also dropped my Benefit Browzings and the powder broke and crumbled. After doing research, I found that you could press the poweder back to normal using surgical spirit. I don't know if I did it wrong, but IT RUINED MY POWDER!! It's back in the pan, but it's not powdery. It has a really glossy feeling, and when I run my finger slash brush over it, it doesn't pick up product? I'm pretty bummed seeing as how the Browzing palette(?) was like over £20 >< Ah well, I've heard that you can use surgical spirit to sanatise makeup, but I'm not 100% about that.

Maybelline Dream Touch Blush in 02 Peach - £4.49 (RRP: £6.49) + Swatch
I've also been eyeing up the Maybelline Dream Touch Blush in 02 Peach for a while now. I've been wanting a peach blush and wanted to try this one out. Boots are having a 3 for 2 deal on makeup, but I didn't have three things to get so I didn't want to just buy things for the sake of it. So when I saw this in Superdrug for £2 off, I think it's £6.49 usually and this was on offer for £4.49, and so I picked it up. It is pretty light and creamy and melts into your skin - it's a bit like butter (without the greasiness). I like the colour and am pleased with this. The blush is actually shimmery, it has very fine glitter in it. I'm not a fan of shimmery blushers, but this is quite subtle, so I'm oki with it.

I then met up with my friend and we headed to Boots before making our way to Harrods. I still have those £5 off No.7 vouchers so I ended up getting two more lipsticks - a nude colour and a sheer dark cherry shade. I am not happy with the nude lipstick and very happy with the dark shade. You can read more about the two lipsticks on my Lipstick Collection blogpost.

My friend works at Harrods, so I got the items below with a discount which I'm really happy about ^^

The big purchase that I got that day was this Marc Jacobs purse. I know I wanted an "grown up" purse where you don't have to fold up your notes and you have a place to put your cards (trust me, I have a lot of cards). I knew I couldn't afford a top designer brand, so I was looking at brands like Marc Jacobs, DKNY, Vivienne Westwood, etc. I saw this Marc Jacobs purse after seeing others, and I knew that this one was my favourite. It's very slim and the leather is very soft - it's just gorgeous. It's like an envelope and when you open the flap, you have a place for your notes, and a zip compartment for your loose change. You also have space for your cards and a place for receipts? It makes me feel really grown up and I'm actually pretty scared to use it - I don't want to ruin it.



My mum likes Hello Kitty so I got her a five and a half inch Hello Kitty plush doll. She also asked me to pick up a 30ml Lancome Tresor Perfume for her. My brother also asked me to look for a nice pen for him, but they were all pretty much out of his price range. I did see a nice pen that has a magnetic system which is pefect for putting in your bag and not having to worry about it opening and staining the lining of your bag. It has a jewel on the top of the pen (which comes in a variety of different colours, I chose the black one). I didn't think the jewel was very masculine, so I just got one for myself. I also collect playing cards and saw this red bus and taxi one which is very symbolic of London and had the Harrods branding on it, so I picked it up to add to my collection ^^















Those are the things that I got from my shopping trip - I'm just in love with the Marc Jacobs purse. Happy shopping guys, and until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment