Pages

Thursday 8 September 2011

I need to stop hauling..

 So I met up with another friend after work today and ended up going to a couple of shops. I had another £5 off No.7 voucher and ended up getting a few products. I wanted to get another lipstick and when I purchased one, they gave me another voucher, so I ended up getting another lipstick, hehe. And on my way out, I noticed that Boots were doing a 3 for 2 offer on hair products so I got 3 bottles of Batiste dry shampoo. If you've never used dry shampoo before, then you've been missing out. It's a powder that you spray into your hair and it absorbs the oil so you don't have to wash your hair everyday (which is bad for your hair). I got the really big bottles, the 400ml ones, and they were £4.99 each. Because they were on offer, I paid £9.98 for three HUGE bottles of dry shampoo, which is awesome. I wash my hair every other day (which I think is the recommended amount), and I use dry shampoo on the days that I don't wash it. It really is effective and worth buying, plus, this tropical one smells AMAZE. The only big bottles I saw at my Boots were the coconut & exotic tropical, floral & flirty blush, and the original - I thought I would give the pink one a try also. You just spray it into your hair, massage it in, brush, and you're good to go. I have used the smaller bottles and I much prefer the 400ml one - I think it has a greater range when you spray it so it doesn't just focus on one small area so it distributes the product more evenly. I highly recommend trying dry shampoo if you've never used it, and to get the big bottles (it's better value for money anyway).


I got two No.7 lipsticks that were £10 each. The Boots on Oxford street is more expensive than my local one - a lot of the products were 50p more expensive. I ended up paying £5 for each lipstick rather than £5.50 yesterday. I think they give you a voucher if you spend £5 or more instore, so I actually have 2 more vouchers to use =DD I got a bright orange (orange coral?) Stay Perfect lipstick that is has a matte-like finish. The colour is 72 Tangerine Touch. I have an orange lipstick from GOSH, but I think this colour is more wearable and the GOSH one has a frost finish which I'm not too fond of. I ended up getting another lipstick but this time it was the Sheer Temptation lipstick in the colour 20 entice which is a deep plum colour. As the lipstick is sheer, the colour is wearable and is absolutely gorgeous paired up with the Stay Perfect lipstick in 40 Mischief (the pink colour that I purchased yesterday). The lipstick has glitter in it which almost put me off buying it, but I don't think it's really noticeable when applied so don't think that it will be really sparkly on your lips (I'm not a huge fan of glittery lips).

I then headed over to TK Maxx because the last time I was there, I saw that they had the Fluff marshmallow spread but it wasn't convenient to get it at the time, so I wanted to grab a jar today. I remember doing some research on it before and wondering how much it would cost because I know it's not widely available in the UK. I think Cyber Candy sells it (at an extortionately marked up price), and I think you can get it on Amazon.co.uk where the delivery charge would be more expensive than the product. TK Maxx is selling a jar (net weight 213g) for £1.99 which I think is reasonable. In case you're wondering if they sell it in your local TK Maxx, check by the tills because that's where my TK Maxx had it. If you don't know what Fluff is, it's a marshmallow spread which you can put on toast - yummy. It tastes like marshmallow but it's spreadable (for a lack of a better word). It's like a toasted marshmallow without the charred taste, hehe. They only had the raspberry flavoured one, I'm not sure how many different flavours there are, but this one tastes really good! As I was paying for it, I could see all the different sweets that they had and a tube of black jelly beans caught my eye. I have an incredible sweet tooth and I adore liquorice so I couldn't pass up the chance to get a whole tube of liquorice flavoured jelly beans. These are by the brand, The Jelly Bean Factory, which might be a rival slash knock off of Jelly Belly but it tastes the same to me ^^ They were £1.49 for 100g.












I really am going to try to stop spending money, although I have organised a shopping trip for next week. I hope you guys are well, happy shopping, and until next time..

- Diem xo


No comments:

Post a Comment