Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

March Glossybox - Harrods Edition

I've been a subscriber to Glossybox for a while now - I think I signed up for the June box. They've had some hit and misses, but they're edition themed boxes (Christmas and Valentines) have been pretty awesome. So when I heard that the March box would be a 'mystery' box, I was more than intrigued. Each day, the Glossybox Facebook fan page were revealing a few letters each day and all the fans were trying to work out what this mystery box would contain. After a few days, people thought that the box was spelling out 'designer' and of course, it excited me. It was finally revealed that the letters spelt the word 'Knightsbridge' which could only mean one thing - HARRODS. All the items in our next box could be found in Harrods - exciting much?!

So, what did I get in my Harrods Glossybox - I know that the Glossybox team said that there will be variations so this is what I got in my box!


The Glossybox came in a white glossy box with the Glossybox logo and the Harrods logo at the bottom.

Inside of the box is the same but it had a Harrods green ribbon instead of the pink, and a Harrods sticker instead of the Glossybox one.

And now for the goodies! The first thing I saw was the YSL item and I was immediately excited. At first I thought it was a lipstick, but they come in a gold box so I was kind of disappointed, but hey, it's still a YSL product. It turned out to be the YSL - Forever Youth Liberator Serum. The next thing I saw was the Burberry item which I thought was going to be a miniture perfume but got really excited when I saw it was actually a mini lipstick! I've seen many YouTubes with Burberry lipsticks and knew I would never spend that much on a lipstick, but now I have a mini version (SO CUTE) that's the perfect size to pop in my handbag! The other three products were the Narciso Rogriguez - For Her eau de parfum, Molton Brown - Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath & Shower, and the Clarins - Extra-Firming Body Cream.


Here is another look at the products in the Harrods' edition Glossybox.

 The YSL - Forever Youth Liberator Serum (5ml) is not something that I would use. I know people say that you should use anti aging products early on for preventative reasons, but I don't see myself using them until I'm at least 25. However, this is definitely not a waste or something I'm disappointed to have because my mum was super excited to be given this. Any anti aging products I receive in my beauty boxes go straight to my mum, who is a very happy receiver. She was more than happy to receive this product, especially because it was from YSL.
 The next item was a 50ml sample of Molton Brown Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath and Shower Wash. I've never tried Molton Brown products before and I'm not a HUGE fan of ginger, but it is a perfect size for travelling and I'm intrigued to see how moisturising this will be. I'm sure I'll like it - I'm not a huge lover of bath products in my perfume, but at least I'll get some use out of it (unlike most of the perfumes). This will save me from buying travel sized bath products whenever I go travelling so I will save it for then.
 Also in the box is the Clarins - Extra Firming Body Cream. I've never used Clarins before, but it's a brand that I have been wanting to try out. I am happy to have gotten this in my box because who doesn't need an extra bit of firming in the body? Not sure how effective this will be, but I am excited to see if this works. And if it doesn't, it means that I didn't waste money on buying the full sized product and trying it out. This sample comes with 30ml of product which is a very decent sample size.

The next product is by far, my most favourite out the box, and perhaps of all the boxes I've received. The Burberry Miniture Lip Cover comes in the colour Rosewood No.4 and is a very nice rose-brown lipstick which a subtle hint of gold shimmer. From what I've seen on other blogs, there was a variation as to whether you received the Lip Cover or the Lip Mist. The Lip Mist is a sheer lipstick and came in the colour Copper. Although I prefer sheerer lipsticks over the more opaque ones, I feel like they don't last as long as lipsticks do. And seeing as this is such a luxury item, I would prefer to have an opaque lipstick over a sheer lipstick. I must admit that the copper colour looks absolutely gorgeous, but I have a similar colour in my lipstick collection so I'm not too disappointed. I love the packaging although it's a lot lighter than I expected. If memory serves me correctly, the full sized lipsticks have a magnet that locks the lid and lipstick together, I may be mistaken, but this is not present in the miniature lipstick. The actual lipstick also has the signature checkered pattern which I love! It's such a small detail but makes it all the more luxurious. The sample is 0.8g and the picture above depicts how far it winds up. All in all, I'm super happy about the lipstick and will definitely stay in my handbag.

As with most people, I'm sure, I HATE receiving perfume samples in my boxes. It's not just that it's so hard to cater for everybody's preference in fragrance, but it is such a cop out! I can easily get a free sample of this from anywhere! Unless it's a more substantial sample, I really think that this cannot be described as a luxury sample. If it were one of those bigger samples that come in the mini (and oh so cute) bottles, I wouldn't mind as much, even if I didn't like the scent. I've yet to receive a perfume sample that I like and would actually wear, let alone liking enough to purchase the full sized. I've seen other people received a Versace perfume that came in a miniature bottle, but oh well. I probably would have given it away anyway, so I guess this is all moot. I've smelled Narciso Rogriguez perfumes before and I am not a fan, at all. However, my mum said she doesn't mind it so this will be going to her.

Overall, I am happy with the box, I'm glad to see some high-end brands in the box, and I recognised all the brands that were in the box. I'm still going to stay subscribed to the Glossybox, but to tell you the truth, I'm unsure as to how long. I'm also subscribed to the Carmine box, and they also have some really good products in their box. I don't know whether or not I need to be subscribed to two beauty boxes a month, but I'm undecided as to which box I prefer. I'm also tempted to check out the Boudoir Prive and the Feel Unique box, but four boxes is definitely too excessive.

I hope you enjoyed reading about what I received in this month's Glossybox and maybe you can decide whether or not you want to subscribe. You can visit their website here. I think they've also started a Glossybox service over in the States so yay for all you Americans! And until next time..

- Diem xo

2 comments:

  1. I disliked mine and unsubscribed. I was going to do it before but I wanted to try the Harrods box. Disappointed doesn't even begin to cover it. I wanted the Burberry lipstick so badly, but got the Lancome mascara which I don't like very much. Other than that, I got a Valentino perfume sample, which was actually alright but not big on perfume samples and didn't expect to get one since in the survey I didn't tick the perfume box. Then I got the SKII - Skin Signature which I'm yet to try but I did need a moisturiser, but it's a tiny pot. The Clarins firming body cream should be good but I don't need more body lotions- would have preferred face creams. The Shu Uemura cleansing oil is in a sachet so one only! The Molton Brown shower gel is nice I suppose.


    Just far from impressed and the box you got is so much better.

    Sad :( as I was really looking forward to this box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I checked out what other people got.. I didn't see that some people were left out of the Burberry lipstick! That sucks so bad.. Was it a sample of Lancome mascara? Because.. They give those out all the time with free gift with purchase.. That is a complete bump.. Im sorry to hear that your one wasnt good.. There was so much hype and I could see why you would be disappointed.. Your box didnt seem like it had luxury samples?

      Delete