Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

No Buying Makeup For The Next Month? + Makeup Collection/Storage

I must admit, I am completely addicted to buying makeup and I must stop. A lot of my makeup aren't even open because I already have loads open and I don't know how long it'll take for me to get through all my products! I've been giving away part of my unopened collection and throwing away really old products that I don't think I'm going to use anymore. I've probably given away slash thrown away around a quarter of my entire collection. I probably won't need anymore for a while, so I propose a self challenge of no buying makeup for AT LEAST the next month. Since getting into makeup, I don't think I've gone a month without getting ANYTHING. There's always a sale, or a free gift, or some sort of bargain, so I just spend, spend, spend. >< But no more, I say!

That means, no:
Makeup (Eyeliner, eyeshadow, blushes, foundation, etc)
Makeup brushes
Nail polishes
Lip Balms (even though I wanna try out the new Body Shop Born Lippy lip balm sticks)
Perfumes (with the exception of the new Nina Ricci fragrance which my mum will get at the airport - VAT free ^^)
Skincare products (face wash, makeup wipes, moisturisers etc.)
Body products (Shower gel, bath products, body lotions etc.)
Hair products (Hair sprays, gloss sprays, hair oils, etc.)

I have more than enough products to tide me over for the next three months - at least!

 In saying that, I've been waiting FOREVER for the Revlon Lip Butters and Maybelline Tattoo what-you-call its - if they come out, I will get them! Although, I know that the Revlon Lip Butters have sold out on Boots online =(( So I will buy them WHEN I can get my hands on them, but I was planning on getting only two of each, so that's not too bad. Actually, scratch that, I can get them when this challenge is over. I want to see how I last.

Here's a couple of snaps of my collection:

As you can, I don't need any more nail varnishes, I have all the basic colours, and then some! These are two nail polish stands that I got from my local nail supply wholesaler - and I love them! I had about 75 nail polishes, but I've given quite a few away to free up some space - I don't have enough rough on my drawer to fit another stand. I just ordered 24 nail stripers from eBay - for £8!! I only have one row free so I will have to store some somewhere else. My favourite nail polish brand would be either Barry M or the 17 Supreme Shine ones. I also just tried out a Andrea Fulerton (available at Superdrug) and it was pretty amazing too! Nails Inc disappoints me, and for the price, it's a complete waste of money. I would rather get something from ELF. The Nails Inc polishes I own mainly come free from magazines, I would never spend £11 on it. I think Essie is overpriced too, the colours are AMAZE, but I'm not too fond of some of the formulas, some can be too streaky. My absolute worst nail polish was a Collection 2000 Hot Looks (I think its called?) one. It was really cheap (£1.79) and it dried waaay to quickly, was too streaky, and no matter how thin a layer I applied, I always wound up with air bubbles. Now I've been told that they were a friend's favourite, so I was completely bafted. The ones she owned were metallic and maybe they were a different formula because the one I tried was a matte mint green one and after using it a few times, I gave up and gave it away.


I got this drawer from Ikea and its complete crap. If you put anything remotely heavy in it, the drawers collapse - don't get it! It has three drawers, and I did keep my unopened makeup products, hair and skincare products in here, but it got too heavy and the drawers would just collapse everytime I pulled one out. My makeup collection also grew so I ended up getting another drawer (which you will see below). The top drawer has some hair products in there - hair sprays, leave in conditioner, etc. and some random stuff, like blu tack - lol. The second drawer has makeup tools and false eyelashes. Makeup tools include eyelash curlers, puffs, new makeup brushes, etc. I cropped out the bottom drawer because it had too much junk in there - it contains my makeup bags, new body puffs, my shower cap, and other random stuff.

This drawer is where I keep a lot of my makeup. The first drawer contains most of my face and body skin care products which includes: makeup remover, makeup wipes, sunscreen, primers, moisturisers, deodrants, body lotions, etc. The second drawer contains unopened makeup products - eyeliners, eyeshadows, lipsticks, concealers, foundations, etc. The third drawer contains unopened face, body, hair products - body butters, shower gels, hair tamers, body scrubs, primers, etc. The bottom drawer contains empty packaging that I'm either saving to do reviews or comparisons as well as packaging I can save to return back to the store in exchange for a free product - Back to MAC, Lush. As you can see, the drawer is the most empty because I rarely use up a product, it just tends to get old and I throw it out. I hope to see that drawer a lot more full and the other drawers a lot less full before I start to buy any more products. I got this drawer from Morrisons, but I think you can get one similar to this at Wilkinson too. I think it cost around £15? It stores a lot too.

I also have a few other bath products stored elsewhere, they're pretty big and heavy and I didn't want to keep them in this drawer in case it got too heavy and it broke it, but the drawer is pretty sturdy. I also keep my nail polish stands on top of this drawer too ^^





This is where I keep my opened makeup. Apologies for the mess on top - I haven't had a chance to clear it out, I really should! The makeup brush holder is from ELF and cost me £6 (RRP: £12). I keep my face makeup brushes in the left, makeup tools and cheek brushes go in the middle, and eye brushes in the left. On top is too messy, The only things that should be on there are my ELF mist spray (completely useless btw), my Avon mini eye makeup remover, and my ELF kabuki brushes - the pink diamonte one is rubbish and rough and coarse, but the studio one is luuuuurvely. The top left drawer contains all my opened eyeliners and mascaras. The top middle drawer contains all my opened blushers. The top right drawer contains all my opened lipsticks. The right middle drawer contains all my opened foundations and bronzers. The left middle drawer contains all my opened eyeshadows and pigments. The bottom drawer contains a lot of junk - samples sachets, my false eyelash cases, my unopened contact lenses.

Let's see how long I can last without buying anymore - I must avoid bargains and sales! And I know Clinique are gonna have free gift with purchase soon, but I shan't be tempted. Sales and free gifts are always happening. I can wait until I NEED to get something before I buy.

Arghhh, this is gonna be hard!!!!!

Until next time..

- Diem xo



No comments:

Post a Comment