Pages

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Models Own 'Concrete Mix' Nail Polish - Review + Swatch

I just finished painting my nails and thought I would do a blog post on the the colour. Apologies for the quality of my nails and how poorly I painted them. I'm desperately trying to grown them but they just keep breaking. Even though I use a nail repair base, it just doesn't seem to like me >< I was also watching NCIS whilst painting them so I got a little distracted - oops.


This is the first time I've used a Models Own nail polish and I've to say - I like. I actually own four Models Own nail polishes and this is the first one that I opened. I got this polish in a trio on asos.com for an absolute bargain of £5.50 (one polish is £5). As you can tell by the name of Concrete mixer, it's a concrete colour which is a matte nude grey colour. I'm liking the formula of this nail polish - the colour looks really creamy (if that were possible?!) When I paint my nails, I like to use medium-thick coats, but the trouble with that is that it could end up with air bubbles. I think I got one or two really unnoticeable air bubbles, and out of seven fingers that I painted, that's not too bad (I painted the other three fingers a different colour, as see in the above picture.) They dried pretty quickly (quicker than the other colour) and is really glossy. It didn't dry too quickly when I was painting them which is one of my pet hates in nail polishes. It didn't come out streaky and was pretty opaque. Although the picture shows my nails with two coats, I think if I was in a rush for time, I could have gotten away with just the one coat. The colour is very true to how it looks in the bottle.

Overall, I would give the Models Own 'Contrete Mixer':
❤❤❤❤♡ (4 out of 5 hearts) ^^

Hope you guys have been enjoying spring and daffodils, and until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment