Pages

Friday 22 March 2013

L'oreal Colour Riche Balm Lipstick(?) in 318 Heavenly Berry: Review + Swatches

I'm back with another review. Today I will be reviewing the L'oreal Colour Riche Balm (lipstick) in the colour (hah) 318 Heavenly Berry. I got this at when I was in The States at Target for $7.99. but apparently you can get them for $6-$8. I'm not sure if these have (are) released in the UK, as I haven't been able to find them anywhere. I hadn't heard anything about them, I just liked the way it looked, like the colour and thought I'd give it a shot. As most of you already know, they don't have testers on all products like we do on the UK, so I didn't have the chance to swatch this (and I didn't want to open it on the sly).


And let me tell you, I should have researched this and looked at swatches before purchasing it. I was on holiday and went a bit cray cray in my shopping sprees and picked up anything that tickled my fancy and I hadn't seen in the UK. This, to me, is a very pointless product. It offers pretty much no colour payoff and is not nearly as moisturising as an actual lipbalm. I love sheer lipsticks, they're my favourite kind, but the colour on this is almost non-existent.

I've checked out some blogs and reviews on the internet and this has gotten some favourable reviews and I cannot fathom as to why. If you look at the swatches (pictured right), the top swatch is about 20 layers of product and the bottom swatch is just one layer. As you can see, the colour does not build up, it is just extremely sheer and once it is on the lips, you can't even tell you have any colour on, it just looks glossy. It does feel balmy on the lips, and it isn't drying. But why spend $6-$8 on a product if it all it does it give you a slight gloss on the lips? I think you might as well go for a nice lip balm, which will prolly be half the price. And if you are dying to try this out, for whatever reason, you only need to pick up one, and it won't even matter what shade you go for because I reckon they'll all look almost identical once applied on the lips. So why waste your money? Sorry L'oreal, but I just don't see the point of this product - extremely disappointing.

My overall verdict:
❤♡♡♡♡ (1 out of 5 hearts) ^^ Because after all, it didn't do anything bad to my lips.

Please save your money and go for the Caresse Lipsticks if you want a sheer lippy. Hope you found this useful and until next time..

- Diem xo

1 comment:

  1. Aww so sad that the pigmentation of the colour is so poor. It does look like a good product from the packaging so it's such a shame.
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete