Pages

Wednesday 13 March 2013

L'Oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick in 179 Cherry Tulle: Review + Swatches

179 Cherry Tulle
401 Rebel Red
 Today, I am going to be reviewing the L'oreal Colour Riche Caresse Lipstick in the colour 179 Cherry Tulle. I'm not sure if this colour is available in the UK because I got this when I was in America. I've checked out the L'oreal Caresse lines in the UK and from what I can tell, they only carry one red shade, 401 Red Rebel (see picture to the right). Another thing to note is that the packaging for the Caresse lipsticks in the States (see picture to the right) are different to those found in the UK. In my opinion, I much prefer the US sleek packaging - it look's more expensive. However, the UK packaging has the colour of the lipstick on the top, which makes locating a specific colour all the more easier.

Onto the review. This line was released not long after Revlon released their lip butters and so everyone was comparing the two. The L'oreal lipsticks are more expensive, but are they worth the extra buck? For me, I can't wear the Revlon lip butters, I think I'm allergic to something in them and my lips did not react well to them so I cannot say whether or not they are worth the extra pennies. I am very glad that L'oreal released a line that was similar. The lipstick is very glossy and sheer - perfect for those who are afraid of full-on lip colours. This also quite moisturising on the lips and do not leave them feeling really dry. Unfortunately, because of sheer formula, the lipstick does not last incredibly long on the lips.

This particular shade is a great way to get into wearing red lipsticks. The colour is not opaque which can be terrifying to those who are not used to it, but it provides enough colour payoff. The colour itself is a cherry red (as the name would suggest) with the smallest micro shimmer that is not able to be seen when worn on the lips.

I think this shade is incredibly wearable, one that I'm not afraid to slap this on during the day. I love wearing this lipstick with some simple winged black eyeliner.

It is a shame that this shade cannot be found in the UK, but for those who live in The States, I would highly recommend it. I would recommend the line in general, so check out what shades there are, I'm sure you'll find one to your liking.
As you can see in the picture to the left, the lipstick is very glossy and balm-like. It feels very light on the lips and does not feel sticky. There is a slight lipstick fragrance to it, but it is definitely not as strong as the usual lipstick.

The top swatch is the lipstick with just one layer and the bottom swatch is what the lipstick is like with a few layers. As you can see, the lipstick is buildable to a stronger colour. Extremely easy to wear and you can use the lid as a mirror when applying it - extra bonus points to the American packaging.

A beloved addition to my makeup bag, I will be sad once I finish this.
 My final verdict:
❤❤❤❤♡ (4 out of 5 hearts) ^^

Thanks for reading my review and I hope you enjoyed it.

Until next time,
Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment