Pages

Thursday 14 March 2013

Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof Eye Liner in Damsel: Review + Swatches

 Today, I will be reviewing the Stila Smudge Stick Waterproof eyeliner in the colour Damsel which is Stila describes as a matte brown colour. I received this as part of Stila's 'In The Light' palette and is the second Stila Smudge Stick that I own. It is a retractable eyeliner (yay for no sharpening). It retails for $20 in The States and £13 in the UK, so it is pretty dear for an eyeliner.
 I much prefer my eyeliners to be in a retractable pen form, however, with the Stila ones, once you wind them up, you can't wind them back down. This means, you won't be able to know how much you have left unless you wind the product up and have no way of winding it back down. That is my only complaint with the packaging. I do like how the eyeliner packaging tells you what colour the eyeliner is and whether or not it's shimmery. My other Stila Smudge stick is a shimmery colour and the packaging is shimmery also. Ok, onto the actual product.
 The colour is an extremely dark matte brown colour. It glides on like a dream - extremely creamy formula. And once this eyeliner sets, it is set. I know this  has been compared to the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliners, but I haven't owned any so I cannot comment on that. The eyeliner is extremely long lasting but not so much on my waterline. That being said, I have yet to find an eyeliner that doesn't budge from my waterline so I don't hold it against this product. I think it is an extremely good eyeliner and is great for smudging on the top lash line. No effort necessary.
It really does have good staying power  and would say that it is pretty waterproof - even after washing my hands (with soap) and made a conscious effort trying to wash the swatch off and using a paper towel to dry my hands, the eyeliner did not fade away completely (see picture below). It comes off with a half decent makeup remover though. I would say there were good drugstore slash high street alternatives such as the Rimmel Scandaleyes eyeliner, so the only negative thing I can really comment on is the price tag.

 My final verdict:
❤❤❤❤♡ (4 out of 5 hearts) ^^

It would have been 5 hearts out of 5 if it wasn't so expensive. It is still a pretty amazing product though and it is a permanent resident in my makeup bag.

Hope you found this review useful and until next time...

- Diem xo

1 comment:

  1. I've only just started wearing eyeliner but this products looks so good!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete