Pages

Saturday 20 August 2011

August Glossybox

I can't believe a month has passed since my July Glossybox! I didn't even realise it was coming until I read an email about it being dispatched~ Anyways, last month's Glossybox was amaze, I didn't think that this month's Glossybox could live up to last months, and I was right. Whilst saying that, I wasn't disappointed with what I received as such - just with the colour selection. I was going to hold off on doing this blog until the products were featured on the site so I could let you guys know the prices of the full sized products. I guess I will update this blog once I find out ^^

For those who don't know what a Glossybox is, it's a monthly subscription service that comprises of five luxury high end samples. This subscription service has no monthly obligations, you can cancel at any time. It used to cost just £10 a month (which was an absolute bargain), but starting from next month's Glossybox, they will start charging £2.95 p&p. However, with the products that you receive, I think it is worth it, even if it is a bit more expensive. Bye bye to free shipping everyone =((
This is a good service for those who love trying out new products but don't want to spend buckets of cash in case it doesn't suit your skin type or you just plain don't like it!
And for those who don't live in the UK, they don't currently ship outside of the UK, but they do have a Glossybox service in France, Germany, Brazil and Korea. So if you live in those countries - do check it out!

The picture to the left is the card that gets sent with every box telling you about the month's theme of products. According to the card, this month's products are all about giving us products for an easy-going, polished look. Just click on the picture for the full sized image where you can actually read the text - and the bottom card will give you discount codes!! You're welcome of course =DD

So, onto this month's goodies ^^


The picture above shows you all the goodies that I got - and if you haven't noticed already, I received three full sized products - and only two samples! According to Glossybox, we shouldn't expect each month's box to feature full sized products, but I've been subscribed since June, and I've yet to receive a box without a full sized product.

The picture to the right shows the sample sized products. The AHAVA Deadsea Water Mineral Body Lotion is 40ml and the MURAD Time Release Acne Cleanser is 30ml. I've yet to try out these products so I can't tell you what I think of them. The AHAVA mineral body lotion is approved for sensitive skin and is directed to be applied morning and evening for soft and smooth skin. I don't think I will get much use of this small tube if I apply it to the whole of my body - I'll probably save this for when I'm travelling.
I don't have acne prone skin but I have been getting a few breakouts recently. I wouldn't use this as part of my usual skincare routine, probably just when I'm experiencing a breakout.

The next product is the Daniel Sandler Baby Jet Mascara. I was pretty excited to try out this mascara when I first saw it, until I realised it said BABY jet mascara - this means that this mascara will have an itty bitty wand just for your baby lower lashes. This is similar to Clinique's bottom lash mascara, although from looking at the pictures, the Daniel Sandler's mascara wand is probably the same width, but around twice the length of the Clinique's wand. It's also much larger in terms of how much product you get and the physical tube. The Clinique mascara is only 2ml whereas the Daniel Sandler's is 4.5ml. I have the Clinique bottom lash mascara which is why I'm not opening the Daniel Sandler one just quite yet. I'm not a huge fan of the Clinique wand, but that's more about the formula - I find it really hard to remove at night? This costs more than the Clinque one (£10) and will set you back around £13 - and just for your bottom lashes? I'm excited to try this out and see if I like the novelty of a small mascara wand exclusively for your bottom lashes.
The next product is one that I have actually tried out. This means I can actually give a brief review on this product - yay. This is a full-sized bottle (200ml) of KMS California Hairstay Style Boost. It claims to make your hair style last 3 times longer and provides "heat protection and an invisible style foundation for all hair types". So, how do you use it? You shake the bottle and hold it upside down and dispense it into your palm. You have to allow the product to crackle, cool, and expand. Use this on towel-dried hair from your roots to your tips and blow dry and sty;e as you usually would. Now, onto my review: first thing I noticed when I sprayed this onto my hand was how cold  FREEZING it was. It was so cold, it took me by surprise, it's like as cold as ice. Next thing was the sound it made - imagine Rice Krispies, but 100 times louder. The picture to your left shows you what it's like when you first spray it into your hand, and after it crackles, snaps, and pops, you get left with this sticky substance (bottom right corner). I found it hard to run it through my hair evenly - so it made my hair crunchy and hard at some places. It was also not invisible - it left a white residue in my hair! I did not like this product - but it is fun to spray it into your palm for the icy feeling and the crackling - hehe. It's like between a hairspray and a mousse, I don't know, it just didn't work for me. From what I can tell, it costs around £10, but I'm not sure as to where you can get it (apart from online, of course).

So my last product is the Rebel Nails wrap. If you don't know what this is, it's an alternative to using nail polish but gives the same effect. It's apparently meant to last longer, and you don't have to use nail polish to remove it, you just peel it off from the sides (rather than the top slash bottom). So they're like a sticker for your nails which you heat up (with your hairdryer) and they adhere to your nails and gives you a nail polished look. You can take a shower with them, swim with them, etc. and they last for up to 14 days (we shall see about that). They come in many different colours and designs - which is cool because you can get cool prints on your nails which you can do at home (which you wouldn't be able to do with your nail polishes). I'm a bit bummed as to the colour that I got - It's just a plain matte silver colour - a colour very similar to a nail polish that I own, so I could easily recreate this look. From what I've seen on other people's blogs, they had some really cool designs. I guess I'm just glad that I got the ones for my fingers and not for my toes. As you can see from the picture, they pack comes with 8 different sizes for both hands. They're also pretty long so I reckon I could do my full set of nails twice with this pack. I think I can just trim the excess of one of the nails and use that part of another nail. The plain set costs £5.99 and the patterned slash print ones cost £7.99. This means that the people who got the printed slash patterned sets got something that had more value =(( but oh well, I guess it was just chance. I'm a pretty unlucky person, so I shouldn't be all too surprised, hehe. Oh yeah, these can only be used once, they're not resuable.

All in all, I am pretty satisfied with this month's Glossybox - the box has around £29 worth of goodies of full sized products and I only paid £10 for it. I do recommend this service for those of you who like to try out new things but can't afford to spend all that money. You can easily just try it out for a month, take a break, and then subscribe again. It is a running service, so you don't have to sign up every month, they automatically send you one, unless you cancel it. It's a popular service as new customers usually have to wait a couple months until they get one because they tend to sell out of the next month's one - so if you're interested. Sign up now! You can always cancel before they send you one if you change your mind.

Hope you enjoyed this month's Glossybox, and until next time..

- Diem xo



No comments:

Post a Comment