Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Book Review on The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella

Hey guys, I'm going to try to read a book a week (or maybe every fortnight if I get busy) and do a review on it. Last week, I read two books in the span of three days, so I will do the review on the other book next week. I absolutely love Sophie Kinsella books, I think I have all of them (but haven't gotten round to reading them all). The first book that I read was called 'Can You Keep A Secret?' which my cousin let me borrow years ago. I then read a few of the Shopaholic books (not in the right order though!), and soon came to realise that Sophie Kinsella might be one of my favourite authors. I really like to read chick lit and crime mystery type of novels - these are also the two genres of films slash TV shows that I really enjoy watching too.


Samantha Sweeting's goal is to be made partner at the top law firm, Carter-Spink. She has spent her entire life trying to achieve this goal - she has no life outside of her job. She doesn't know how to be anything but a lawyer - she doesn't even know how to turn her own oven on! Just as she's about to be made partner, she finds that she has made a career-ending mistake. She missed a deadline and lost her client 50 million pounds. Rather than facing the consequences, she jumps onto the first train she sees. She finds herself somewhere in the country and somehow in an interview for a housekeeping job. Trish Geiger, a rich air-head (although kind-hearted) is delighted to have an English speaking housekeeper and hires Samantha straight away (after Samantha lied about how skilled she was). Thrust into a new housekeeping job, Samantha is surprised as to how stress-free this new life offers her. Not knowing how to cook or clean, Samantha finds herself learning how to become domestic, and fast.

The book is very easy to read, and easy to get into. The plot may seem a little far-fetched, but is easy to accept. Samantha's love interest, Nathan, a gardener who knows Samantha's secret, is charming and sweet. We get to experience Samantha's blossoming life outside of being a lawyer as well as finding out whether or not Samantha's mistake was really her fault. Love, betrayal, and the standard clichés - what more can you ask for in a book? A very sweet novel from Kinsella.

❤❤❤♡♡  This book gets three hearts out of five~

Happy reading! And until next time..

- Diem xo

1 comment:

  1. great book review!
    Also, thank you so much for the lovely comment!

    ReplyDelete