Pages

Sunday 28 August 2011

L'oreal Freebies - Spend £15 and get some free loot!


I'm a huge sucker for free gifts with purchase - and who wouldn't be? I'm not sure if this promotion is exclusive to Boots, I didn't see it in Superdrug. If you spend £15 or more on L'oreal products, you'll get a free box of goodies. Inside the box, you'll receive:

  • A 10ml sample of the Infallible Brush Foundation in Golden Beige
  • A 1ml sample of Youth Code Day Cream
  • A full sized Resist & Shine Titanium Nail Polish in 455 (9ml)
  • A full sized Colour Infallible Eye Shadow in 02 Hourglass Beige (3.5g)
  • A full sized Contour Khol eye pencil in Blue Denim
  • £2 off coupon for the full sized Infallible Brush Foundation
The box is apparently Cheryl Cole's favourite summer products - I have no idea why it's the summer products when it's practically autumn now? I really like the products in this box - the nail polish and eyeshadow are colours that are very me. The nail polish is a coral pink colour, but upon closer inspection, you can see that the nail varnish has gold refelects in it - it's such a pretty colour. The Infallible eyeshadow is a loose pigment and is a shimmery beige colour - it's a really nice neutral colour. This will really compliment the colours found in Urban Decay's Naked Palette. These are colours I definitely would have purchased, so I am really happy with the colour choice of this free gift. Below are close ups of the nail polish and the eyeshadow.



I bought the L'oreal Smoothing Resurfacing Primer (£14.29) and the Super Liner Carbon Gloss (£6.49). I really like to use a primer before foundation, I'm currently using the ELF one, but I'm really interested to try out different ones. This one is a lot more expensive, the ELF one only cost me £3 (but I got it 50% off). It feels really nice on the skin and appears to minimise the appearance of pores. It's a mousse like texture and a little will go a long way. I don't really use liquid eyeliners, I really used to like using them (I just got the Collection 2000 one), but then I discovered gel eyeliners and never turned back. I wanted to give liquid eyeliners another go, but I have a feeling that I will make a bit of a mess on my eyes ><

When I bought the L'oreal products, I was handed a £5 off No. 7 voucher and ended up getting another Eyeshadow Blend & Contour Brush which is just a fluffy brush (as featured above). The brush retails for £7.25 and so I had to pay an extra £2.25 for the brush which is amazing. However, I remember that the eyeshadow brushes were only £6.24 or something like that, it was definitely under £6.50, so it went up by around a pound. Considering it was from £6 to £7, that's actually a pretty big jump. Why are the prices increasing?! =((

Anyways, do check out the free gift with purchase promotion from L'oreal whenever you're next in Boots ^^
Happy shopping.. And until next time..

- Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment