Pages

Monday 8 August 2011

August Magazine Freebies - September Issue

Hey everyone, I just wanted to do a blog post on the magazine freebies that you'll get in this month's magazines. You get some pretty lovely goodies this month, I'll be showing what you'll be getting in two magazines - Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan.

In the picture to the left, you can see that you can get a Ciate nail polish in EITHER My Fair Lady or Wait Until Dark. You must purchase two magazines to get both the colours - just like I did. You also get a free mini travel size (50ml) tube of Dove conditioner which is another added bonus! The colour My Fair Lady (the right nail polish) is a nude-pink colour. From what I've heard, it is pretty sheer and will need plenty of coats to get the colour to be opaque and true to the colour on the bottle. The colour Wait Until Dark (the left nail polish) is a deep metallic shimmery aubergine (egglplant) colour. From what I've read, this nail polish will require the standard two coats. I have yet to use these nail polishes but I have heard pretty good reviews on them. I think these nail polishes are limited edition or are limited to this month's Marie Claire edition - I'm not 100% certain so please don't quote me on this! Ciate nail polishes are usually £9 a bottle and these are full sized nail polishes at 13.5ml which is a little bit more than the standard sized nail polishes. And if that's not enough, Marie Claire are also giving readers an extra 25% off the entire range of Ciate products when shopping at ciate.co.uk. Just enter the code CIATE25MC before 30 September at the checkout to receive your discount and this excludes delivery charges. I have checked out the website and I believe there is free UK delivery above £25.

Oh and for those of you who don't know, the Marie Claire magazine cost £3.60 and this month's front cover celebrity is Anne Hathaway.

This month's magazine front cover features Fergie from the Black Eyed Peas. They are giving away a free pair of Eylure 115 false lashes. Eylure is a leading brand of false lashes in the UK and can be found in drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug. They usually retail for around £4 but according the magazine, this set of false eyelashes are worth £5. The magazine will set you back £3.50 but this is still good because you are getting a set of false eyelashes and a magazine to read. I quite like to read Cosmopolitan anyway, I don't just buy magazines for the freebies, hehe. Sorry that my picture shows the lashes upside down, I opened the set to check it out and put it back into the box and taped it up and didn't realise that they were upside down. The set does come with eyelash glue so you won't have to go and get your own. The picture also shows a close up of the eyelashes, you can see that I have removed the right side to see how it looks on my eyes. As there are gaps in between the lashes, you may not like the gappy false eyelashes look. I think it does add length and drama to my eyelashes and is perfect for the evening. Although the band is translucent, you will probably need to fill in those gaps with black eyeliner so it blends into your lash line better. I will need to trim the ends of the lashes for them to fit my eye, but it is better to have the false eyelashes to be too long than too short. You can also cut the eyelashes into segments and apply individually if you prefer. I will definitely be using these false eyelashes the next time I go out in the evening slash night.

You also get a sachet of Sanex Zero shower gel for normal skin in each of the magazines (both Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan). I hope this has alerted some of you guys about the cool freebies you can get this month. I will try to do one everyone month and let you know what will be coming up the month after (if featured in the magazine). And until next time..

- Diem xo

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I didn't know you could get freebies! I'm going to check it out :)
    Thank you for blogging this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. neat post... wanna follow each other!

    ReplyDelete