Pages

Thursday 11 August 2011

Sleek i-Divine Primer Palette Review + Swatches

Wow, I've been blogging a lot recently - pretty much everyday. Today, I will be doing a product review on the i-Divine Primer Palette by Sleek which costs around £7. You can find this in Superdrug and on the Sleek website (http://www.sleekmakeup.com). For anyone who is not from the UK, Sleek does ship internationally, do check out their website for more details. I think that the shipping might be pretty costly though. This primer palette comes with twelve coloured eyeshadow bases - similar to MAC's paint points. These eyeshadow primers are supposed to keep your eyeshadows from creasing and make them last longer. They can also enhance the colour of the eyeshadows that you put on top of them. This palette also comes with a dual ended brush which is pretty bad to be honest. I don't think anyone would use it unless they didn't have any brushes of their own. I would definitely say to use your own brush when using these primers. Actually, I would say to use your CLEAN ring finger to apply this to your lids.
I will describe each of the colours below (I would say all the colours are frosted):

  • Moonshine - white
  • Calypso - electric blue
  • Ultra Violet - vivid purple
  • Dare devil - true red
  • Pink Frost - baby pink
  • Silver lining - grey silver
  • Noir - black
  • Peach - peach champagne
  • Money Tree - leaf green
  • Truffle - chocolate brown
  • Money Honey - pale yellow
  • Hot Wired! - copper orange
You can also see the pictures and swatches to the right ----->

Now, onto the review ^^ The primers are creamy, as one would expect them to be. They come in the most gorgeous colours and are pretty pigmented. However, thats pretty much all the positives I have for this palette. I absolutely love Sleek products and I really like their eyeshadow palettes - although they can be quite fragile and crumbly, but I'll talk about that when I review an eyeshadow palette. I find that they actually make my eyeshadows not last quite as long and make them crease a lot more. I think it's because it's quite greasy and slick, so the eyeshadow slides off. I also am not too fond of the way the eyeshadow adheres to the lid when this is used as a base. It does make the colour pop more, but if you're using a pigmented eyeshadow in the first place, then you shouldn't have a problem. I have tried to wear these alone without eyeshadows, and they don't last and crease - A LOT. I love the colours though, it's just a shame that it doesn't do much for me. It looks nice for the first five minutes and that's about it. I wouldn't waste your money on this - the Sleek palettes are pigmented enough. In saying that, I did use the red Dare Devil colour on my lips and it looked amazing. I'm not sure if you should use this on your lips, but I wanted to try it out anyway, hehe.

So, my final verdict on this product is:

❤❤♡♡♡ (two hearts out of five)

The colours are nice, but other than that, this palette doesn't have much use to me. I do try to use this palette nonetheless because I don't like to waste things, but I honestly wouldn't recommend this palette to anyone. I just don't think it does what it's supposed to do, in fact, it makes things worse (in my opinion). Spend your money on a different Sleek eyeshadow palette instead - they're much better =)) Happy shopping, and until next time..

- Diem xo

4 comments:

  1. oh my gosh, i love your blog! it is toooo cute! please check out mine!!
    http://lamode011.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you end you review :)
    www.lipsticksandglitters.blogspot.com
    Sabrina &Geneviève xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is probably soooo not relevant anymore, but if anyone cares, I heard that people use this palette as a cream shadow more than a primer. If you wear a good primer or base before applying this, it stays on really well. I'm getting mine the day after tommorow, so I guess I'll check it out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried using this with a primer, on it's own, setting it with eyeshadow, it has creased, albeit it takes longer to crease when set with eyeshadow.

      Perhaps it would work with people with dry to normal eyelids, but believe me, if your eyelids get oily, even the slightest bit, this will transfer.

      Delete