Pages

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer Review


Today I will be doing a review on the Elf Mineral Infused Face Primer (as if you couldn't tell from the blog post title, hehe) that is from their Studio line. I got this primer about a week ago from their online store (http://www.eyeslipsface.co.uk/) and have been trying it out a few times to give you guys the scoop. The primer costs £6, but I got it for £3 when ELF was having a 50% off £30 order promotion. It comes with a pump applicator - sometimes I like using pumps and sometimes I don't. With a lot of products that use pumps, it can sometimes be hard to control how much your pump up. Sometimes one pump isn't enough and two pumps is too much and can be slightly difficult to do a half-pump. However, I can get past the whole pump issue when the pumps give out the right amount of product (whether it be one, two, three, etc. pumps). One pump of this primer will be enough to cover your whole face, so you only need a pea size amount. I like the fact that using a little will go a long way, this means that you get can get more uses out of it which means it's better value for money.
The primer is 50ml - something that the website does not states for some reason, and is clear in colour (which surprised me when I first used it).

The website states that the primer has been developed to fight against excess oil, flaky dryness, enlarged pores, and fine lines. It will prepare the skin so makeup will go on evenly and have a lasting finish.

So, what did I think about of it? When I first used the primer, I was very pleasantly surprised. When you first pump it out, it looks a bit like Vaseline, only much more light. It doesn't feel heavy or dense, and when you rub it into your skin, the consistency still remains light - almost as if it's been whipped and full of air. It also feels like rubbing Vaseline into your skin, without the heaviness and the greasiness. When you rub it into your skin, I feel like you are releasing oxygen (or something). I know it says it's been infused with minerals, whatever it is, I can definitely feel something. It is a strange feeling, unlike any product I've ever used, and I like it! I think I'm actually addicted to rubbing it into my skin, it feels really good, hehe. It definitely leaves your skin feeling ultra smooth, I don't know about the combat of enlarged pores and fine lines though. It does, however, leave my skin feeling quite moisturised, although I would still use a moisturiser under this. Due to it feeling quite moisturised, I would recommend this to people who have dry skin or dry patches. I'm still unsure as to how much this helps eliminate excess oil. When you first apply it, your face definitely does not feel greasy and the way moisturiser feels when you apply it. On account of this, I guess it does help people with oily slash combination skin. I don't know whether or it has a lasting effect though. My makeup goes on like a dream on top of this primer, it really is a good primer. I would definitely recommend this to those who don't want to spend too much of a primer, or for those who have never tried out one before. I would re-purchase this and would still recommend it even at full price - I think it's worth it!

My final verdict for this product is:


♡ (4 out of 5 hearts)

Actually, I'll give this primer 4 and a half hearts out of 5!! ^^

I hope this review has provided insight to some of you guys who have been interested in this product. Happy shopping and until next time..

- Diem xo

10 comments:

  1. I definitely need to try this out. Thanks for the review!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My question is can women of color use this product? I love makeup and looking nice but everything looks like it sinks into my few fine lines never tried a primer so wanted to know if this would work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, haven't been on my blog for ages and just saw how many hits I've received on this post.

      It is transparent so will look invisible once blended in. It's more about what skin type you have? I have found that people with oily skin do not like this product as much. But as I have dry skin, it really does help with the dry patches.

      Delete
  3. I bought this a couple of days ago and used it last night. I have oily skin and when I put this on I felt like I just out my moisturizer on. I think I overdid it on my nose just a bit. Lol. I applied my make up and it looked flawless. But at the end of the night my oily skin got the best if me and my make up was extremely caked on my face. I only used half a pump as well. :/ Tips?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard that this may not be compatible with those with oily skin. Would you say you suffer from oily skin all over your face, or just around the T-Zone area? If it's just around the T-Zone, then try avoid using it around those areas.

      If your whole face is oily, I would suggest to use a powder to set your foundation, and to use blotting sheets.

      I would say that this primer really helps out in creating a smooth surface for your foundation rather than eliminating excess oil. I suffer from an oily T-Zone and I have yet to find a product that will keep me shine free throughout the whole day/night.

      My tip would be to invest in some blotting sheets (without powder) to remove excess oil. Hopefully without the extra oil, your foundation will move around less and will look less caked?

      I hope this helped, sorry for the delay in response. I haven't actually been on my blog in a couple of months and didn't realise how many people have read this review.

      Thanks for taking the time to read this review!

      - Diem

      Delete
  4. Nice review, I also just ordered this from their website, can't wait to try it now!!

    Sophie @
    https://pretentiouskitten.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have this primer and have used it for a year or so and I love it! I have super dry skin, like reptile dry skin this is the only thing that helps my face look normal!

    www.caylisue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. does this primer breakout your face? Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I don't find that this breaks me out. However, I've never had acne prone skin or many problems with products breaking me out?

      Delete
  7. This primer is bad quality, like you said it is like putting Vaseline on your face. It feels gross. This is nowhere near the quality of MAC primer.

    ReplyDelete