Pages

Thursday 4 August 2011

E.L.F Haul =))

So, ELF was having this incredible offer (which is over I'm afraid) whereby if you order over £30, you got 50% off. You were also eligible for free delivery if your order was over £30. Therefore, I wanted to get £60 worth of products which would be half off, so I would only pay £30. My friend (who told me of this deal) also wanted to get a few things, so I also got a few things for her too (which won't be mentioned in this blog).

I haven't had a chance to try out the makeup products - I actually haven't opened them. I try not to have to many makeup products that have the same use opened simultaneously. This is because makeup does expire and so, if I have too many products opened that have the same use, chances are, I won't be able to finish them before they go off. Therefore, I like to only like to use a couple of products at the same time. Once I get around to using these products, I will do an in-depth review.

I will mentioned all the items that I purchased, along will the full price and the actual price I paid. I will also add pictures and a brief description of each product and its use.

ELF 3 Pack Shine Eraser Set - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Clarifying Pressed Powder in Apricot Beige (tone 1) - £0.75 (Full Price: £1.50)
ELF Eyebrow Treat and Tame in Dark - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Translucent Matte Powder - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Pressed Powder in Sand - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Mineral Infused Face Primer - £3.00 (Full Price: £6.00)
ELF Powder Brush - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Studio Stipple Brush - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.50)
ELF Mini Eyelash Curler - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.00)
ELF Large Brush Holder - £6.00 (Full Price: £12.00)
ELF Studio Makeup Mist & Set - £1.75 (Full Price: £3.00)

Total Cost: £23.75 

As you can see, I purchased 11 products for only £23.75. What an absolute steal~! Now onto some pictures and some initial feelings towards the products.


Oki, so first off, here is a picture of all the products. I will list the items form left to right, from the items in the brush holder first: 3 pack of blotting sheets, stippling brush, mineral infused primer, powder brush, eyebrow treat & tame, mist & set, and the mini eyelash curler. The three powders in front of the brush holder are the pressed powder (from the Studio line), clarifying pressed powder, and the translucent matifying powder.



This is the eyebrow treat and tame in the colour, dark. I haven't yet used this product yet. but I am eager to try this out. I'm not really interested in the "treat" side of this item, but moreso on the taming side. It is basically a coloured brow gel that will set your brows in place. At the moment, I am using Benefit Browzings and a cheap clear mascara from 2True (a drugstore brand found in the UK's store, Superdrug). Considering how much the Benefit Browzings cost, I am not impressed. I have yet to try out a brow gel/setter, the only thing I have used in the past is clear mascara. I will definitely do a review and have pictures up to show how well (or not well) this product works.


This is just a translucent powder whose sole purpose is to stop me from looking like a grease ball. I have a super oily t-zone which definitely needs to be powdered to eliminate the shine. I haven't opened this one because I have only just started used Avon's Colour Trend Final Touch Pressed Powder in Translucent. Not to mention that I also have two foundation compacts from Max Factor. Definitely do not another opened powder compact. Although, I am tempted to carry this in my bag as it does have a mirror, and the Avon one does not. But then again, I also carry a mirror with me. Unless, I stop carrying a mirror around, and carry this instead. Oh the endless possibilities~ I will debate on whether or not I should opt for the most convenient way (carrying this compact with mirror) or the most logical way (a mirror and already used compact).


This would probably have to be my favourite thing that I got in this haul. Although it may be premature to comment, as I haven't opened most of these products. I can say with absolute certainty, that I am in love with this brush. It's large and dense, similar to a flat top kabuki. And for how much it cost, a mere £1.75, I am surprised and impressed at the softness of the bristles. This powder brush is from their Studio line. I've used it with liquid foundation and powder, both mediums are applied like a dream with this brush. There hasn't been any shedding, but like I said, I've only used it twice, so only time will tell whether or not this little baby will shed. It's a really amazing brush and gutted that I didn't order more of this babies. =((




This is the other brush that I purchased - a duo fibre stippling brush. Sorry that the brush looks a little dirty. I've never used a stippling brush before and the MAC ones cost a bomb. Therefore, I have no frame of reference that I can compare this to. The brush itself is alright, I guess. I don't know if it's the brush, or if it's just the fact that maybe I'm just not a big fan of stippling brushes, but I am not impressed. I tried this out today using my Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation and pretty much gave up after 10 seconds. I also tried this out using my Max Factor Facefinity powders and didn't like it much either. In all honesty, I do not think its the brush's fault, I think I just like dense brushes to apply foundation and powder. If you're like me, I would not recommend this brush, but would tell you to opt for the powder brush instead.


This is a pressed powder from the studio line in the colour, sand. This is just a powder that I would use to matte my face but also give me that little bit of extra coverage. I have yet to open this, as I have mentioned before. I'm not overly excited to try this out, I just got this because of the 50% deal and I will know that I will use this once my Max Factor Facefinity compacts run out.


Here are the mini eyelash curlers that I got from ELF. I was kind of worried that they would be useless because I heard from somewhere that they don't do anything. I was pleasantly surprised when I tried it out and they did curl my lashes, pretty well, I might add. I have not tried any high end eyelash curlers, although I have been eyeing up the Shu Uemura ones for the longest of times. Currently, I am using a heated one that my sister-in-law got in China. The heated one works pretty well, but not amazingly. As this is a mini one, I can get right into the roots of my lashes and curl them. It comes with an extra rubber band thing - I mustn't lose this! After using eyelash curlers for a while, the rubber part will start to show signs of wear and tear and once the rubber cracks, it will need to be replaced. Because of this, the longevity of eyelash curlers aren't that great, which is why I am reluctant to spend 20-odd quid on a pair of eyelash curlers. I don't know, maybe someone could tell me how long their eyelash curlers last before the rubber breaks slash cracks. For me, personally, they don't last all too long =((

On the left is the three pack of blotting sheets, and on the right is the clarifying pressed powder. The only blotting sheets I have used are these own store brand (Superdrug) ones. I think it cost me around £2 for 65 sheets. These ELF ones provides you with three packs, three different varieties: green tea, tea tree, and aloe vera. They each have 50 sheets, so that's 150 sheets for £1.75 which is an absolute steal. Blotting sheets are essential if you have an oily t-zone like me. I not only carry around powder, but I also like to carry around blotting sheets. When I find my forehead looking oh so shiny, I take a couple of blotting sheets, one just for the forehead, and one for my nose and chin area, and I blot my face with them. After that, I use a bit of powder to eliminate any excess shine. It's not recommended to use blotting sheets more than twice a day because your face does need some of the oils it produces. The pressed powder was also purchased for when my Max Factor compacts run out.


I've heard a lot about setting sprays but never wanted to splurge out on one. I know that MAC has its Fix +, Urban Decay has it's Dew me or De-slick, and of course there's the Skindinavia range. All these setting sprays are pretty pricey (£12.50, £19, around $29 respectively), and that reason alone, has put me off setting sprays. However, ELF products are much more affordable, and so I thought I would give the makeup mist & set a go. I haven't use it yet, but will do so pretty soon. I will definitely review it alongside the primer. The only primer that I've probably tried and tested is the No.7 Shine Free Primer. That primer really mattes your face before you've even put on your foundation. I'm intrigued as to how this primer works because the No.7 just mattes my face, it doesn't do much for the foundation that I put on afterwards.


And last, but not least, is my brush holder. I was unsure as to whether or not to get this because it was the most expensive item that I got (even though it was just £6). I've been using two cups to hold my brushes, but thought I would be a little fancier and get this brush holder. My brushes are enjoying its new home, and there's plenty of space for them (for now!).

I hope you guys have enjoyed this haul blog post. It's MUCH longer than I thought it would be, and it has taken me longer to type up. However, I have very much enjoyed writing this blog post, and I'm sure there will be many more to come =))

Until next time, chin up =DD

-Diem xo

No comments:

Post a Comment